Sunday 13 January 2013

Trip to the V&A Museum

I usually go to the V&A quite a few times a year, however I had not been for over 6 months until today! Last time I was there, they were re-doing the Fashion section, so when I visited today I went to see that - but not before I had looked around the Hollywood exhibition.
We had tickets pre-booked for the Hollywood exhibition and our allocated slot was 10.30am, and we didn't leave the exhibition until 12.30pm. My favourite section was, of course, the part with all the historical costumes - dresses from different interpretations of Elizabeth I, costumes from 'Shakespeare in Love', and dresses from 'Marie Antoinette' (2006), 'Marie Antoinette' (1938), 'Barry Lyndon', and 'Dangerous Liaisons', plus a couple more. There were 3 rooms, all with a load of wonderful costumes. My favourite to see were the iconic dresses of Marylin Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, and the dress Judy Garland wore in 'The Wizard of Oz'. The most interesting for me was the tutu from 'Black Swan' worn by Natalie Portman, as I do ballet, and to see the tutu construction and to think how it differed from a tutu used in professional ballet was very interesting.
There's so much I could say about this exhibition, however I am very tired and I need to do homework, so to save time I shall instead direct you to the V&A Hollywood Exhibition page. 

So, after looking around the exhibition, we visited the Fashion section of the museum, which had changed a lot since I had last visited! There were a lot more clothes which I liked and which were useful for me for research. Here are the photos:








 






 


 

Sorry for the poor photo quality on my side - as I have said before, all I have is a compact camera.... plus all the clothes were behind glass for obvious reasons! I hope you enjoyed this brief post, I'll hopefully be back to proper blogging soon..... I've just suddenly collapse from being overtired from exams last week. I have a week of school and then another week with exams in - plergh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment