Monday 7 January 2013

Posting nearly every other day...

If I keep posting every other day (in fact, nearly every day) I won't have anything to post about in the future! But this week has already given me lots to talk about, and we all know there's more to come. So, this week will obviously have to be a bit of a busy week in terms of blog posting.
Firstly, I'd like to announce that I'm going to take part in this:

Old-Fashioned Charm

I'm going to have a go at the 12-15 challenge, wish me luck!
I have many reasons for wanting to join in. The first and foremost is my love of period dramas, however I tend to stick to particular time periods too much - Tudor, Georgian and Regency, slowly moving into Romantic and Early Victorian. Not much variety for someone who wants to be in costuming! My second reason is to do with costuming - more period dramas watched means more learning about costuming each time period! Thirdly, the first half of 2013 is going to be full of stress for me due to exams (I'm already on mock exams this week) and I would have used watching period dramas as a way to relax anyway. My final reason is to do with A-levels, which I start this September. I've chosen English as one of my subjects and reviewing costume dramas will be a fun way to practice writing. As well as all these reasons, I just want to have a go! It's a great idea and it's made me quite excited. However, my reviews will mostly be looking at costume - this is a costume blog after all - but I will also talk about actors, settings, etcetera.

I have exciting news about A-levels! At my school, in year 13, they offer an AS level called "EPQ" - Extended Project Qualification. As I was unable to pick a fourth A-level, I may be allowed to start one of these "EPQ"s in year 12. Then if it goes well I can do a second one during year 13! Of course, if I did end up doing two, I'd find a way to do one about a particular time period of fashion, and the other about French history (it would seem from conversations with people in my school that I'm the only person there who enjoys French history...).

On Thursday I'm going to make yet another Les Misérables post... then again on Friday or Saturday... 
After that I'll try and get into a 2-posts-per-week regime!

No comments:

Post a Comment