Sunday 6 January 2013

Les Misérables fangirling

Update!
Look what I got:



Us UK'ers may have to wait until this Friday to see it (eep!) but they published a "Collector's Booklet" in a Sunday newspaper. I actually woke up before noon to go out and get it from the local supermarket. Gasp.

-----

As much as I'm looking forward to Les Misérables for the costumes, I am a massive fan of both the book and musical so I'm mainly looking forward to it just because of what it is! Not to mention the cast. Samantha Barks as Éponine - if you don't know who she is, you need to watch the 25th Anniversary Concert, as she's the Éponine in that as well.  I know plenty of people who are excited about Hugh Jackman taking the lead role of Jean Valjean but I can't really comment as I've never watched anything he's been in. However in the featurettes and clips on Youtube it certainly looks like he's going to be brilliant. Then Eddie Redmayne as Marius, and from watching the 'A Heart Full Of Love' clip on Youtube, I think he'll be amazing (and rather lovely to look at....).




I haven't read any of the reviews for it yet because if I want to see something (and I really want to see this), sometimes bad reviews can put me off and I don't enjoy watching it as much, as I'm trying to work out which parts of it that the reviews were saying weren't so good. I've heard from lots of people that there aren't great reviews. My aunt said she'd read a review for it which said that it's great doing this and making a big deal out of it and everything, but it would have worked better if the actors could actually sing. I found that a bit ridiculous because I highly doubt the director (Tom Hooper) would have chosen a cast that couldn't sing for this. 
I'm very fortunate this week as I have GCSE mock exams for school, and my last on the Friday is art. My teacher has set me a very easy picture to do as I'm known for taking my time completing tasks, despite the fact we have 10 hours altogether. I'm certain I'm going to have finished before the Friday exam session, so I'm going to take advantage of my study leave and go to my nearest cinema to watch their first screening of Les Misérables with a friend at 3.30pm! I'm hoping the first screening is going to be full of Les Misérables crazy fans like myself. Just to embarrass my friend, I'm going to be using my breaks between revision whilst on study leave to make a musical-style Enjolras waistcoat to wear to the screening!
25th Anniversary Concert Enjolras
Finally, I'd like to mention something that I read about here. There's a possibility of an extended edition of Les Misérables (I'm guessing on the DVD)! Read about why on the page I've linked. Mention this on anything you can - Twitter (#lesmisextended), in a blog post (like I have here!), I guess even things like art on deviantART (as well as dA journals!) and Youtube videos. Spread the word, show the fan support, and as they said on the deviantART group journal I linked - join the crusade! There's also a petition to sign!

I promise I'll try not to do any more blog posts with only 2-day gaps - I was just too excited about all things Les Misérables to contain myself after reading about the possibility of an extended edition. 

1 comment:

  1. Posting heaps is great!
    I really like Enjolras in the 25th concert, he singing just seems so effortless!
    Beth
    http://www.bethiquette.com/

    ReplyDelete