Thursday 16 May 2013

Accidental Hiatus

So I accidentally got too busy to post... whoops! I started study leave a week ago and revision is taking up al my time at the moment. It'll get less busy pretty quickly now, but there's another problem: I spilt hot chocolate on my laptop.
I had a few reviews typed up on there, plus a LOT of my films were stored on my iTunes. I have them all stored on iCloud but I have no actual access to them without that particular laptop.... I guess I'll have to find other ways to watch some, and find some other films to complete the Period Drama Challenge (which I'm ridiculously behind on, whoops!)
This summer, I'll be completing a bodice I started making which is part of a costume for Miranda from "The Tempest". It's based a little on Tudor fashion but I decided to make it quite modern. 
More importantly this summer, I'm going to be making a dress for my sister's 18th birthday party, which is going to be a masquerade. I'm thinking about possibly making a replica of the Star Princess costume in Phantom of the Opera. 
Katie Hall in the Star Princess costume from Phantom of the Opera

Anyway, I decided to make this post to let people know  - I am still here! Exams have made me more busy than I expected to be, but I'll be back properly this time next week, when I'll be preparing for MCM Expo and a week of being a wardrobe assistant for an amateur theatre company's productions of the musicals "The Boy Friend" and "Love Story"! 
(If you live in the UK I would recommend seeing both, particularly "The Boy Friend" for its 1920s costumes! Information can be found here!)

1 comment: