Tuesday 16 April 2013

Where have I been?!

I've been gone for quite a few weeks...
Well, GCSEs have gotten way too stressful, and I had to spend nearly all my waking hours revising and doing homeworks, and I still didn't get enough done! However, in around 3 weeks I go on study leave, and apart from exams and some gentle revision, I will have free time to relax, so I will be able to catch up with Old Fashioned Charm's Period Drama Challenge!
In May, the new film of the Great Gatsby will be released. It looks... interesting, but I'd love to go and see it. I'm not at all familiar with the book or the time period, but somehow when films like this come out, it makes those who are unfamiliar want to become familiar with the novel, and people who like costume to also familiarise themselves with the time period. I'm definitely looking forward to reading the book, researching the time period, seeing the new film and writing a review that will be more accurate than my usual reviews!
On the subject of reviews, I have reviews written for my February and March Period Dramas of the Month, 'Marie Antoinette' and 'Mr Selfridge'. I need to edit them quite badly but I will get it done! There's just so much school work to do, but at least that's not for much longer.
On this blog, I have a lot to do as well. And I need to make a dress for my sister's 18th birthday masquerade. And I need to get more sleep... sigh. But at least the things that aren't to do with school are things I enjoy!
Until Saturday, I have no wifi! My internet went down (long story) and the only internet I can get is my mobile internet. Ah, the joys of not knowing whether 3G will work! Actually, I am excessively grateful that I have a mobile phone to use for tethering internet.
My next post will be costume related and belated (accidental rhyme), so see you all then. I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter a few weeks back, and I hope everyone is looking forward to Summer!

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading "The Great Gatsby" right now, and hoping to see the new movie in the theater. It's an interesting book, not sure yet what I think of it... I read it once years ago, and didn't like it, but this time I like it so far.

    ReplyDelete