Thursday 7 February 2013

Some things to briefly say!

I've got quite a few things I want to say/cover very briefly!
First of all - in the past couple of weeks I got my first ever comments (I know, I know - they're just comments). But it was so nice for me to see what people thought of my blog and it made me feel quite a lot more confident that I'm improving my blogging skills.

Next I want to explain some costume projects that are in progress or being planned. At the moment I'm working on my garment for my GCSE Textiles, and there's three weeks until the deadline. In school terms that isn't long at all, especially as one of them is half term holidays so all I'm allowed to do in that week is decoration! So I may not post as much as I'd like (once or twice a week) but I'll certainly try to show my photoshoot of what I'm making - a costume for Miranda from "The Tempest".

This summer I have a 3 month long holiday starting a week after my birthday, so I've planned on doing a costume project. Two of my best friends have very kindly volunteered to be my models so I can practice making costumes for others, however as part of the learning process the costumes will mostly be made using patterns. I need to start the undergarments in the Easter holidays so I may do pattern reviews starting around that time. 

In September my big sister turns 18 and has decided to have a masquerade party, with a colour scheme of red and black. I want to make my outfit entirely from scratch, and the 'red' is too perfect an opportunity to make a stylised version of the iconic stage Enjolras waistcoat (what? I'm a Les Mis fan, what else would be expected with a colour scheme of red and black?). The masquerade bit will be fun because half of my sister's friends don't know me so the mask will just make them even more confused (although if she'll let me I may have to go slightly Marie Antoinette style with the mask!).
I have so many projects I can update my blog with over the next year, and hopefully those along with my taking part in Old-Fashioned Charm's Period Drama Challenge will make my blog full of interesting posts to read, helping me develop as a writer as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment