Monday 31 December 2012

Costume Christmas!

On Saturday I returned from visiting my relatives in Shropshire! I had an amazing Christmas and received so many costume-related presents. Two things I'll need to take photos of to be able to explain, so I will do that later on in the week (I need to find my camera charger, grrr).
Here's a list of the costume related books I received:



-Patterns of Fashion 1 by Janet Arnold. If you're into costuming and haven't heard of this book, you really ought to look it up! I've known about it for a while and I've been told multiple times that it's a necessity. A couple of patterns in it have cuaght my attention and I know that I'm going to have to make them soon.
-Costume: 1066 to the Present by John Peacock. It's an absolutely beautiful book. There's very little writing, however the illustrations are clear and wonderful to look at. I know it'll be both a useful book and a source of inspiration of any costumes I may make in the future.
-Costume 101 by Richard La Motte. I've had a read through some of the chapters and it explains the role of a costumier, what details are needed in costume designs, and other things like that. It's an interesting read!
As I mentioned above, I had two other costuming-related presents for Christmas, which I will make a blog post about at some point over the next week.
For Christmas I was also given the two les Misérables concerts - 10th at the Royal Albert Hall, and 25th at the O2 - on DVDs. I've already watched them online but now that I have them on DVD I can watch them more easily, plus I can watch all the special features!

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and if you haven't welcomed in the New Year yet (here in the UK we haven't!) I hope you have a fantastic New Year, and if you're already in 2013 I hope it's already shaping up to be brilliant! See you all in 2013 for my next blog post!


No comments:

Post a Comment